York Medical Clinic is dedicated to the health and well-being of our patients in all aspects of their lives. We provide personalized, quality care to a wide variety of patients. We serve a rural population and pride ourselves on the long-term relationships we forge with our patients.
Qualifications: Must hold a current Nebraska nursing license, or have completed an accredited medical assisting program.
Experience: Nursing experience in clinic, hospital, long term or other nursing setting.
Job Summary: This person is responsible for working in a direct care role of patients including assessment of the patient and assisting with their care as directed by the MD/PA.
Primary Duties: include, but are not limited to, the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Patient Care: This includes assessment of the patient, taking vital signs, preparing for exam, and appropriate care of patients for appointment when not seeing a MD/PA such as float nurse duties-allergy shots, TB skin tests, etc.
2. Assist MD/PA: Helps MD/PA with completing the care of the patient. This includes assisting with exams and procedures, performing nursing procedures, scheduling and any other action the MD/PA deems appropriate.
3. Documentation: Recording appropriate and relevant information in the EMR, on route sheets, and VFC documentation.
4. Extra Duty Assignments: Perform and document extra duty assignments including cleaning and disinfecting exam/treatment rooms after use and nurses stations according to OSHA guidelines, monitor refrigerator/freezer temperatures, OB chart transporting, and following assigned schedule for noon nurse.
5. Supplies: Keep exam rooms and treatment rooms stocked appropriately, care for instruments, including appropriate cleaning, wrapping, and sterilizing, and supervisor notification of low supplies.
6. Phone Calls: Gather and provide accurate information in a pleasant and timely manner and document appropriately.
7. Use of Time; Time should be used appropriately according to assigned position, including but not limited to recognizing when position allows time to help others limiting time on personal issues (personal phone calls), and being clocked in only when performing job duties and clocking out when finished.