Diabetic Patient Educator
Job duties and responsibilities include:
• Provide one on one patient education and counseling including, but not limited to: diabetes, weight management, and nutrition counseling. Determination of frequency and duration is based on patient goals and provider direction and input.
• Education to York Medical Clinic staff members to ensure providers and nursing staff's needs and knowledge of current practice is met. Provide on-going training and updates to staff as needed.
• Organize and facilitate Diabetic Group medical visits with providers in clinic on monthly schedule. Organize and lead outside education classes for community including, but not limited to: pre-diabetes, hypertension care, and other care needed as determined by provider, clinic, and community needs.
• Work in coordination with area hospitals, clinics, support groups, health departments, or any community agencies that benefit from education and that supports York Medical Clinic services and mission.
• Serve as resource at any time for providers, patients, community, ACO, or other organizations as requested or needed. Provide current information via waiting room pamphlets, displays, Patient Portal messages, or other means of general education for public.
Bachelor's Degree or greater in Nutrition, as well as be a Registered Dietitian or Registered Nurse. Certification in Diabetes Education is preferred. Must also be licensed in Nebraska.
*Competitive pay and benefits*